I’ve been needing a bit more coaxing recently to get out of bed and I figured some of you might be feeling the same way. So here’s ten reasons why you should get out of bed today.
1. Any day could be the best day of your life but you won’t know until you actually get up.
2. Just look at that beautiful blue sky. Feel that heat radiate through you. And if it’s raining? You’re not getting off that easy. Look how the drops are feeding our earth, let it rejuvenate you too.
3. That overly extravagant cocktail in your favourite beer garden with friends.
4. I know you have dreams. Even the tiniest of tasks will get you a step closer to it.
6. There is literally millions of books waiting for you to read their wisdom.
7. Your presence makes somebody smile every single day. Even if you’re feeling lonely your existence affects other people’s day. Maybe you called your sister, maybe you just held a door for someone or tripped over a curb. Whatever it was you made them smile and I think that’s pretty magic.
8. It’s your fucking life. Aside from like work and family obligations etc, you get to do whatever the hell you want. So go and do something that serves you.
9. The Hamilton soundtrack is waiting for you to listen to it, fall in love with it, learn every rap, and then go and tell every single person in the world about it as if it’s gospel.
10. Because you are important. And you are loved. And because you make the world infinitely better. So don’t fucking forget that again.
Waiting for Something – Nada Surf