I love a list post. Who doesn’t? I’ve currently been sat on a bus to London for the past four hours. Why, do you ask, am I sat on a six hour coach from Liverpool instead of a two hour train? Simple. A train for two was well over £100 whereas this coach is under £35 return. This fact may sound absurd to people in other countries. But the UK is an actual joke country. Getting a flight to many other European cities is far cheaper than getting a short train to somewhere else in our own country. Thanks, Maggie, you prick.
So, anyway, I’d like to think I’m quite an optimistic person. However, I also think people can be really stupid/inconsiderate/selfish. And here comes today’s post: the ten most annoying people on a bus. Let’s go!
1. Who else could we possibly start this list with but the absolute moron who has a three hour, extremely loud phone call? I have no words.
2. The snorer. Gotta say, I can be the culprit of this one (hey, an asthma/hay fever combo is no joke), but man when it’s not you it’s so annoying. Haha!
3. The person who lets their guitar fall on you and pretends not to notice. A very specific scenario to this particular journey but ‘obnoxious falling objects’ shall we say for this one?
4. The chair kicker. These seats are so close together, how are you even getting your legs up there, you contortionist?
5. The laddy boys creating a hell of a lot of sound pollution. We get it, you have a penis.
6. The space stealer. It’s a busy bus, I get it, sit next to me. That’s totally fine. Please do not encroach on my side though. I don’t want your dirty laundry under my legs and your half-eaten sandwich in my face. We’re not friends.
7. You know that person who seems to have conveniently forgotten about the existence of headphones and is blasting tinny sound out of their device? Yeah, I hate them.
8. The person at the scheduled stop who thought it was sound to sneak on a disgusting smelling hot sandwich. Now we all smell like a giant fart, thanks pal.
9. Oh how have we got to nearly the end of this post before I remembered this one! Possibly worst of all. The chatter! I don’t want to know where you’re going. I don’t care what the weather is like. I certainly don’t care what your interests are. Extroverts may think that’s a selfish stance to have however, I’d say you assuming I want to hear what you have to say is a little selfish too.
10. My boyfriend who keeps making me take my earphone out to look at another stupid tweet he’s seen. Just kidding on that one, he kept asking if he was one of the annoying people so I decided to throw it in for when he reads this later!
And there you have it. I hope you never experience these people. But if you do? Just remember the golden rule of public transportation travel: NEVER FORGET YOUR HEADPHONES. Blast Chic until you are actually having Good Times.
Also, nationalise the railways!
Bus Stop – The Hollies